Site Copyright © 2009.
All rights reserved.



God Bless America!


Please choose one:
  • Lowndes County Home
  • Archives
  • African American Resources
  • B.L. Smith Letters
  • Cemeteries
  • Census Links
  • Churches
  • Death Records
  • Military History & Rosters
  • Columbus-Lowndes Preservation Alliance
  • County Contact/Addresses
  • History
  • MSLownde-List
  • Local Research Links
  • LookUps
  • Maps
  • Miscellaneous
  • Marriages
  • Native American Resources
  • Obituaries
  • Bibles, Photos & Family Bios
  • Professional Researchers
  • Queries Board
  • Research Info
  • Reunions
  • Surnames
  • Towns of Lowndes
  • Wills
    Neighboring Counties:
    Clay (North)
    Oktibbeha (west)
    Monroe (north of Clay)
    Noxubee (south)
  • Beersheba Presbyterian Cemetery,
    Compiled by Peggy and Billy W. Barksdale and family, Rev 20 Nov 1992.

    Thanks SO MUCH!! to Becky Feldman, Barbara Hamby, Charlotte Holder Herridge, E. Annette Rose, Glenda Raymond, Ruth Ann Faris, and Teresa Randall Bransby for helping to transcribe these tombstones.

    Newer Additions

    Permission granted to web-site publish on August 5, 2003 by Russell James, Archivist at Columbus-Lowndes Library. These file were contributed by selfless, hardworking volunteers for non-commercial, non-exclusive use in the Lowndes County Genealogy Web Site. They are not to be stolen, linked to and put in a frame, and/or used for any commercial or self-profiting use.


    From Downtown Columbus, MS, take Hwy US-82 East, 7.04 miles, then take the STOKES RD. exit toward NEW HOPE, 0.47 miles. Turn RIGHT onto STOKES RD., 0.04 miles. STOKES RD becomes LEE STOKES RD., 0.34 miles. LEE STOKES RD becomes MERT RICKMAN RD., 0.70 miles. Turn LEFT onto BEERSHEBA RD., 1.20 miles. Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church and Cemetery are on the right side of road. Mississippi County Maps


    BEERSHEBA CUMBERLAND PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH AND CEMETERY

    The Beersheba Cumberland Presbyterian Church became a part of the Tombigbee Presbytery in 1825 and joined the New Hope Cumberland Presbytery in 1866. The Cemetery was established in 1827 and contains the graves of many veterans. The date that Beersheba Cumberland was organized is not known. (Contributed by Harold Wright)